All Aetna customers with individual health policies in California will need to find new coverage before January 1st, 2014. Facing tougher price competition from the upcoming Covered California marketplace, Aetna recently announced it would exit California's Individual Health Insurance market by December 31st, 2013. If you currently have an Aetna Individual Health Insurance plan, this change will not affect you until January 1st, 2014 when Aetna will discontinue all Individuals plans in California.
Below are your options for addressing this upcoming change:
(1) If you are currently insurable, you may want to change to another plan now. The advantage of doing this now will allow the new insurance carrier to map you into a new product similar to what you have now on January 1st, 2014. Please call us @ (800) 300-0205 for any assistance in selecting a new plan that meet your needs or get a free quote now and apply online now for a new plan by entering your zip code below.
(2) Keep your current Aetna plan thru December 31st, 2013 and enroll in a new plan starting October 1st for a January 1st, 2014 effective date.
(3) Contact our office at (800) 300-0205 in October and we will assist you in obtaining a new plan that meets your needs for January 1st, 2014 via either:
- The Government’s exchange, possibly with a subsidy if you qualify, or
- The Private Market (current way of obtaining Health Insurance).
As you can see, it is VERY IMPORTANT that you contact our office, so we can go over all the options available to you. Many important Health Reform changes are coming that could affect you positively or negatively depending on your financial situation. Before you decide on any changes to your current Health Plan, please call us at (800) 300-0205 so that we can answer your questions and help you understand your options so that we can carefully pick the right coverage for your needs. In addition, we will be more than happy to assist any of your family or friends with acquiring the right coverage for them.